Pet visitation is known to lower blood pressure, heart rate, and stress. It also helps on an emotional level to decrease anxiety and depression. Alzheimer's and Dementia patients greatly benefit from pet visitation as it reduces unwanted behaviors and calms agitation.
We would love to have you and your fur baby volunteer at Hillcrest!
- Letter of Recommendation from Veterinarian
- Current vaccination records
- Application from Pet Owner
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Men Wanted to Lead Men's Group,...
- Manicure Volunteers
- After School/Evening Volunteers...
- Weekend Volunteers (Self...
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Retired? Looking to have fun...
- Manicures-Hillcrest Health...
- Chair Exercise/Movement Leader
- Give the best gift of all--your...
- Volunteer for Hillcrest Health...
- Pet Therapy/Visitation-Hillcrest...
- Spiritual Care Volunteers
- Piano Players Needed
- Bingo Callers
- Volunteer as a Family
- Pet Visitation-Hillcrest Health...
- No One Dies Alone Volunteers
- End of Life Care Volunteers
- Musically Talented Volunteers