Hospice Volunteers Needed Throughout East King County
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where15809 Bear Creek ParkwaySte 140Redmond, WA 98052
"The people we meet in hospice have a long-lasting effect on our lives. At the same time, our being present for patients and families undoubtedly has a far-reaching ripple effect on them as well." -Kaiser Permanente Hospice Volunteer
Kaiser Permanente Washington's Hospice Program seeks volunteers to offer empathetic support and services to hospice patients and their families. We currently have a need for volunteers throughout East King County!
Volunteers are indispensable members of our hospice teams by being there with the dying and their families - most importantly - but also serving in specific that include:
- Visiting with patients, reading, listening to music, playing cards,
- Staying with a patient so the caregiver can rest or take a break
- Running errands, grocery shopping, assisting with correspondence, small tasks
- Assisting with transportation to medical appointments
- Offering comfort at the bedside of a patient
- Performing administrative tasks such as mailing or filing to support the hospice program
- Sewing walker bags, lap quilts, and fidget aprons and blankets
Is your heart drawn to this challenging, meaningful work? Please send us a message and we'd love to explore opportunities with you.
Volunteers must be 21 and older and complete a screening and training program prior to performing services. Volunteers do not need to be Kaiser Permanente Washington (formerly Group Health) members.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week (after completing 5-hr training)
- Application and Interview; References checked; Annual TB test, flu shot, drug testing required