Kind & Compassionate Hospice Volunteers Needed Throughout East King County
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where15809 Bear Creek ParkwaySte 140Redmond, WA 98052
Contact us before the upcoming core training on Saturday, March 17, 2018!
"The people we meet in hospice have a long-lasting effect on our lives. At the same time, our being present for patients and families undoubtedly has a far-reaching ripple effect on them as well." -Kaiser Permanente Hospice Volunteer
Kaiser Permanente Washington's Hospice Program seeks volunteers to offer empathetic support and services to hospice patients and their families. We currently have a need for volunteers throughout East King County!
Volunteers are indispensable members of our hospice teams by being there with the dying and their families - most importantly - but also serving in specific that include:
- Visiting with patients, reading, listening to music, playing cards,
- Staying with a patient so the caregiver can rest or take a break
- Running errands, grocery shopping, assisting with correspondence, small tasks
- Assisting with transportation to medical appointments
- Offering comfort at the bedside of a patient
- Performing administrative tasks such as mailing or filing to support the hospice program
- Sewing walker bags, lap quilts, and fidget aprons and blankets
Is your heart drawn to this challenging, meaningful work? Please send us a message and we'd love to explore opportunities with you.
Volunteers must be 21 and older and complete a screening and training program prior to performing services. Volunteers do not need to be Kaiser Permanente Washington (formerly Group Health) members.
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hrs/week (after completing 5-hr training)
- Application and Interview; References checked; Annual TB test, flu shot, drug testing required