Revived as the site of a Community Supported Agriculture program, Powisset Farm in Dover, Massachusetts features a trail that explores woodlands, fields, and wetlands. Currently the farm could use the loving touch of a gardener to help keep her beautiful! The farm has several perennial flower beds, a cutting flower garden, a raised vegetable bed and an herb garden which would benefit from a bit of attention. If your passion is gardening, and you have a few hours a week to spare, we would enjoy sharing this amazing property with you! This position would be perfect for a creative individual who has a flexible schedule, enjoys the outdoors, and has a basic knowledge of gardening. Our stewardship and farm staff will work with the volunteer to determine gardening needs and priorities. The ideal candidate should be equally at home working independently as well as on a team.
* Working with staff to assess gardening needs
* Planting and/or transplanting annuals and perennials as well as maintaining existing beds
* Maintaining communication with staff
* Log volunteer hours weekly
* An eagerness to participate in maintaining the Farm
* Able to use hand tools
* Able to follow instructions and work in a team
* Dress in appropriate clothes and footwear
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to bend
* Ability to walk on a variety of surfaces including grass or uneven surfaces
Time Commitment Needed
Flexible schedule could be year round depending on availability. Prefer a commitment of 3 months.
Powisset Farm, 39 Powisset Street, Dover, MA 02030
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, email@example.com
To explore other volunteer opportunities or sign up as a team, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, minimum 3 month commitment preferred
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Communications Intern - Francis...
- Gardening Volunteer - Weir River...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Invasive Species Control...
- Event Volunteer at Eleanor Cabot...
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- April Vacation Week Assistant -...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...