The Environmental Volunteers seeks dedicated volunteers for a summer. High school and college students are welcome. Summer Education volunteers will report to the EV’s Materials Coordinator. A Summer Education volunteer may work anywhere from 4-20 hours a week (June-August), based on their availability. The schedule is flexible and volunteers will be assisted to either the Palo Alto or Santa Clara office. An interest in nature, science, and education is a must. Summer volunteers will take on the following responsibilities:
- Look through learning materials to confirm that they are in good repair and ready for the new school year.
- If materials are in disrepair or missing, work with Materials Coordinator to ensure they are ready for the new school year
- Make updates to our educational wiki page. Training and assistance will be available this if needed.
- Assist in creating new educational materials including visuals, scripts, and models.
- Assist with basic office tasks like inventorying or photo copies.
- Other projects may be available based on volunteers interest.
Summer Volunteers should be students who display the following qualities:
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and clear communication skills.
- Comfortable with computers and ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks assigned.
- Previous crafting, art, design or building/tinkering experience desirable.
- Desire to work cooperatively with a variety of people and ages.
This is an unpaid volunteer position.
To apply, please email resume and completed application form to:
Christine Zack, Materials Coordinator
Applications will be accepted until June 15th. Interested Volunteers will be contacted by mid-May with more details.
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Environmental Education
- Inventory Management
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 8-20 hours a week