Helpers Of Our Farm: Nonprofit Management & Farm Animal Sanctuary Intern (non-residency)
Contact: Maud Kelley
Greenlands Farm started a farm animal sanctuary in 2011 with a vision to provide a sanctuary to farm animals in need and an educational platform for the community. Whether adopted from other rescue organizations, donated from owners, or taking in an animal because the farm could provide a good home, these animals are now a part of the sanctuary and have a new life. Family and friends of Greenlands Farm established Helpers of Our Farm (HOOF), a not for profit organization that supports these rescued animals and the education and services they provide.
Helpers of Our Farm (H.O.O.F.) was founded exclusively for charitable and educational purposes by:
(a) Provides continued care and a permanent home to all of our farm animals. The animals are acquired through bonafide rescue organizations and partnering farms.
(b) Our rescued and donated animals will be used as educational tools for children and adults, creating awareness of rescues and their needs.
(c) Some rescued and donated animals will be used for rides for children and/or adults to demonstrate the value of repurposing rescued and donated animals.
About the farm where HOOF is located:
Greenlands Farm is a small sustainable homestead farm located in rural Brunswick County in Bolivia, NC and home to HOOF's, a nonprofit Farm Animal Sanctuary. HOOF's rescued farm animals are a valuable part of the nonprofit’s function as they teach about animal kindness and science during tours and mobile outreach programs.
- Research and write relevant grants
- Assist with fundraising (events, campaigns, etc.)
- Explore/implement new fundraising possibilities
- Help with website management (WordPress site)
- Communicate with donors
- Recruit and work with volunteers
- Utilize social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinate email blasts and awareness campaigns
- Schedule weekly social media posts
Possess skills and knowledge to perform tasks in branding, marketing, advertising, social media, and campaigns. We are looking for dedicated and reliable, energetic individuals with a serious interest in helping our nonprofit organization be sustainable and successful.
- Farm Animal Sanctuary
- Lead farm guests in an engaging educational experience using our farm’s curriculum
- Provide a nurturing and responsive environment for students and guests
- Daily and weekend animal care including feeding and grooming
- Farm and pasture maintenance, barn/stall cleaning, cleaning chicken and rabbit hutches, scrubbing water buckets, etc.
- Perform preparations for opening petting farm (moving animals, grooming, signage, etc.)
- Experience working with children or a passion for working with children
- Ability to maintain an atmosphere of teamwork using strong communications and organizational skills
- Some practical knowledge of farm animals and/or equine savvy (knowledge of farm animal care is a plus)
- A good work ethic, reliable and the desire to learn, energetic and a serious interest in helping our farm be successful
- The ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Able to withstand all weather conditions and get dirty. This is a physically demanding position.
Work weeks require 8 - 20 hours, Monday - Saturday (some Sundays may be necessary for feedings), with options to participate year-round or a summer program from May 20 - July 30.
Please send your resume that includes why you are applying for this internship, past work experience, and what you would like for us to know about you to: Greenlands Farm, 668 Midway Road SE, Bolivia, NC 28422 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interns receive a stipend based on length of apprenticeship /internship and experience. Interns are often given a stipend to assist in gas expenses. The farm is a Non-Smoking and Drug Free environment.
This is a non-residency internship and interns would be responsible for acquiring housing.
By responding to this volunteer spot you will be added to our volunteer mailing list.