Greenlands Farm started a rescue petting farm in 2011 with a vision to provide a sanctuary to farm animals and an educational platform for the community. Whether adopted from other rescue organizations, donated from owners, or taking in an animal because the farm could provide a good home, these animals are now a part of our farm and have a new life. Family and friends of Greenlands Farm established Helpers of Our Farm (HOOF), a not for profit organization that supports these rescued animals and the education and services they provide.
Helpers of Our Farm (H.O.O.F.) was founded exclusively for charitable and educational purposes by:
(a) Provides continued care and a permanent home to all of our farm animals. The animals are acquired through bonafide rescue organizations and partnering farms.
(b) Our rescued and donated animals will be used as educational tools for children and adults, creating awareness of rescues and their needs.
(c) Some rescued and donated animals will be used for rides for children and/or adults to demonstrate the value of repurposing rescued and donated animals.
About the farm where HOOF is located:
Greenlands Farm is a small sustainable homestead farm with 2 CSA (community-supported agriculture) seasons and an on-site farm store that sells products made and/or grown on the farm. The farm is involved in educational agritourism, conducting farm tours, a livestock petting farm, classes, workshops, and farm to fork experiences. HOOF farm animals are a valuable part of this farm’s function.
Nonprofit Management Job Description:
- Research and write relevant grants
- Assist with fundraising
- Explore/implement new fundraising possibilities
- Help with website management (WordPress site)
- Communicate with donors
- Recruit and work with volunteers
- Utilize social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinate email blasts and awareness campaigns
- Schedule weekly social media posts
- Work weeks will require 16-24 hours with options to participate year-round or a summer program from now until the end of summer break.
Possess skills and knowledge to perform tasks in branding, marketing, advertising, social media, and campaigns. We are looking for dedicated and reliable, energetic individuals with a serious interest in helping our nonprofit organization be sustainable and successful.
Petting Farm Educator Job Description:
- Lead farm guests in an engaging educational experience using our farm’s curriculum
- Provide a nurturing and responsive environment for students and guests
- Daily and weekend animal care including feeding and grooming
- Farm and pasture maintenance, barn/stall cleaning, cleaning chicken and rabbit hutches, scrubbing water buckets, etc.
- Perform preparations for opening petting farm (moving animals, grooming, signage, etc.)
- Work weeks require 16-24 hours, Thursdays-Saturdays, with options to participate in a full season from March - December or a summer program from now until the end of summer break.
- Experience working with children or a passion for working with children
- Ability to maintain an atmosphere of teamwork using strong communications and organizational skills
- Some practical knowledge of farm animals and/or equine savvy (knowledge of farm animal care is a plus)
- A good work ethic, reliable and the desire to learn, energetic and a serious interest in helping our farm be successful
- The ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Able to withstand all weather conditions and get dirty. This is a physically demanding position.
Interns receive a stipend based on length of apprenticeship /internship and experience. Interns are eligible for take-home food from the field during work days. The farm is a Non-Smoking and Drug Free environment.
This is a non-residency internship and interns would be responsible for aquiring housing.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 16 - 24 Hours
- Please read internship description carefully