We are dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We facilitate hands-on technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, ChickTech builds community, empowers participants to see themselves as leaders, and provides networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry
We are looking for a Volunteer Manager for the Philadelphia chapter of ChickTech . This volunteer role would be responsible for making sure our chapter has all the right people our organization needs to thrive! This will include recruiting and training volunteers, ensuring all volunteers go through our background check process, working with the various leadership team members to ensure they have adequate volunteers to carry out their tasks, and holding various volunteer events to encourage fun and team-building.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility for tasks
- Ability to interact confidently and professionally with a variety of personalities
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and networking skills
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruiting new volunteers
- Respond to inquiries and interview potential volunteers
- Meet with each volunteer in-person at least once (not including volunteer orientations)
- Organize/run regular volunteer orientations
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer assignments
- Answer volunteer questions as needed
- Keep volunteers engaged and excited
- Ensure required volunteer forms/documents/waivers are collected, properly filled out and stored
- Maintain database with volunteer information and interests
- Work with Marketing Manager to create and maintain a newsletter to keep volunteers informed of news and events
- Work with Workshop Managers to ensure volunteers are scheduled for events
- During HS Kickoff planning works daily with Directors, HS Program Manager, Workshop Managers, and Logistics Managers
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week (more during High School Kickoff season). This includes checking your ChickTech email at least three times a week to ensure that potential volunteers are not waiting for communication.
We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible, although less can be negotiated! Please be honest about your time commitments, while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
- Data Entry
- Group Facilitation
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 5-10 hours per week
- Finance Director - Orange County
- Finance Director - Seattle
- High School Communications...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- Girls Who Code Technical Volunteer
- Operations Director: ChickTech...
- High School Program Coordinator...
- ChickTech Boston - Chapter Lead
- High School Kick-Off Setup and...
- High School Kickoff - ...
- High school kickoff Workshop TA...
- Workshop TA - High School...
- High School Kickoff - Workshop...
- Marketing Team - ChickTech Bay...
- High school kickoff - Workshop...
- ChickTech Bay Area - Design Team...
- Graphic Design/Photography...
- Marketing Co-Director - Orange...
- High School Community Engagement...
- ChickTech Chicago Chapter Lead -...