Volunteer: 2018 Board of Directors - Marketing, PR and Communications Director
4 people are interested
If you are a leader in education, marketing, or business development who is passionate about the arts, film, education and social innovation - we invite you to consider joining our Executive Board. New Board members will be engaged in guiding the organization to its full potential and next stage of growth through vision, community building, fundraising, promotional activities, and participation in quarterly Board meetings. Motivated Board members will be engaged in the success of the organization’s mission by stewarding committees and programs or by taking on assignments that fit their areas of expertise. Tasks range from strategy and planning, marketing and public relations, reaching out to personal contacts, content strategy, promotion, and assisting with online event production.
Volunteers may be interested in joining Board Committees prior to joining the Board of Directors to serve as a trial period before committing to Board responsibilities.
Core programs for 2018 include:
- Fundraising for select films and film related causes
- Marketing, promotion and partner outreach for Films for the Planet a streaming online platform providing the best in environmental and social action films. Viewers gain access to the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of luminary filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars. Films for the Planet promotes globally connected learning and storytelling as well as hosts online film conversations for partner organizations, targeted audiences, and online events .
- Development of educational materials for documentaries, resources for communities to engage with film, and a catalog of films aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Public Relations / Content Marketing
We are seeking marketing professionals to help guide our outreach efforts. Specifically, we are looking for leaders with experience in media fundraising, arts and education, sustainability markets, public relations and social media marketing. Millennial leaders and student interns welcome!!
- Promotional strategies opening up new distribution channels for events and content.
- Awareness of editorial and event calendar, helping promote speaker series, webinars, online film summits.
- Research and help implement the best marketing tools and practices to streamline activities.
- Attends quarterly Board meetings and carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors via personal commitment to the organizations goals and objectives.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Marketing Analytics
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours month