Put Your Love Of Shopping & Bargain Hunting To Work For A Great Cause!
We currently have two openings for Wish List Specialist, volunteer team positions with ExtraOrdinary Birthdays designed to assist in fulfilling our mission of providing a highly personalized birthday experience for homeless children and families. Wish List Specialists will ensure that each birthday child receives an extraordinary birthday gift from their very own wish list, and do so as economically as possible, in keeping with EOB’s budgetary restrictions and best practices.
As An EOB Wish List Specialist, You Will:
- Carefully review each child’s pre-party birthday form in a timely manner.
- Quickly determine the best gift option for the child, based upon the child’s own specific list, or intuitively decide upon the best gift option, derived from theme based gift wishes listed by the child or parent.
- In conjunction with other team members, develop a strategic plan for obtaining the right birthday gift for each child as a donation, or securing donation funding to purchase the gift.
- At least one week before date of party, arrange receipt of specific donation gifts from the public at EOB headquarters, or other agreed upon public location.
- At least one week before date of party, if necessary, shop for a specific gift at brick and mortar retail locations or online, adhering to budgetary restrictions and if possible, obtaining the gift at discount pricing.
ExtraOrdinary Birthdays is a GREAT place to volunteer in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area! If you're that person who loves to find the perfect gift for everyone in your life, and you have a heart for homeless children and families, we invite you to take that first step in becoming an ExtraOrdinary Volunteer!
- Project Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Youth Services
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Variable Monthly
- Ability to work quickly within time & budgetary constraints of the work assignment