CAAWS is run solely by unpaid volunteers and is governed by a Board of Directors. Love cats? This is the job for you. Come help take care of our shelter's cats for 2-3 hours. You will need to do general clean up (sweeping, mopping, scooping liter, disinfecting), give medications if needed, feed, give fresh water, play, and love on all of our cats and kittens. We ask that you commit to the same shift every week. (Shift availablity varies).
PLEASE include a phone number AND e-mail address where we can reach you. If you would like to find out more about our organization please visit our website at www.caaws.org.
TO EXPIDITE THE APPLICATION PROCCESS: Complete the application on this page of our website http://www.caaws.org/volunteer/opportunities/ Thank you in advance.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts usually last a couple of hours
- CAAWS volunteer application and training
- Cat Adoption Day Volunteer
- Humane Education Volunteer
- Cat Room Shift Volunteer
- Building Improvements
- Evening Dog Room Shift Volunteer
- Adoption Counselor: Dog or Cat
- Foster Homes for Dogs & Puppies
- Foster Homes for Cats & Kittens
- Morning Dog Room Shift Volunteer
- Fundraising Committee
- Phone Volunteer
- Administrative Help
- Grant Writer
- Feral Cat Volunteer
- Dog Adoption Day Volunteer