We count on dedicated volunteers like you every day to help Save Them All. Volunteers at the Best Friends - Atlanta Pet Adoption Center have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of opportunities, and we are specifically looking for additional volunteers to serve in our Front Desk Ambassador position.
Front Desk Ambassadors improve our hospitality services by greeting visitors to the Best Friends - Atlanta Pet Adoption Center, as well as performing other crucial roles involved in the adoption of our pets and interaction with the public. Staffed 100% by volunteers, this is a critical role to our organization by allowing staff to focus on finding loving and responsible homes for our adoptable pets.
Volunteers are asked to commit to a regular (weekly or every-other week) shift or fill in on a weekly basis. The current openings available are: Tuesdays 4-7pm, Wednesdays 4-7pm, Thursdays 4-7, Fridays 4-7pm, and Saturdays 3-6pm, and Sundays 3 pm- 6 pm
Time Commitment and Location of Work:
Best Friends - Atlanta Pet Adoption Center
Front Desk Greeters must volunteer on a regular basis to remain up-to-date with policies and procedures; must volunteer a minimum of 6 hours each month with a preference for committing to the same 2-hour (or more) shift each week.
Provide exceptional service to our visitors
Answer visitors’ questions
- Answer phone calls from the public
Provide smooth transition to adoption specialists
Greet each visitor to the adoption center and explain adoption process
Respond to phone calls and voicemails; transfer to staff as necessary
Locate adoption specialists as needed
Ensure a pleasant atmosphere for visitors
Warm, friendly, enthusiastic personality
Ability to stand and sit for long periods
Ability to follow specific instructions from staff
Enjoys engaging with Best Friends visitors, volunteers, founders, and staff
Commitment to the philosophy of Best Friends’ practices and policies
Must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer for this position
Track and input hours worked into the Best Friends database
- Regular access to email to receive updates
Visit volunteers.bestfriends.org and follow these steps to create your volunteer profile, view a list of volunteer opportunities, and schedule an orientation date:
- Visit volunteers.bestfriends.org
- Select "Start Volunteering" and be sure to check off the path for Atlanta.
- Follow the steps to fully activate your volunteer account.
- You will receive an automated email after profile completion with details about volunteer opportunities along with sign up instructions.
- Office Reception
- Animal Care / Handling
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One shift (2-3 hours) monthly,weekly, or bi-weekly
- Foster a Hurricane Harvey pet
- Help Save Community Cats in...
- Help Transport Animals to and...
- Houston-area Volunteers Needed:...
- Help Save Community Cats in the...
- Animal Care Volunteer at Best...
- Community Cat Outreach in the...
- Help Save Animals as a Front...
- Volunteer Programs Intern
- Calling All Dog Lovers! Best...