Suncrest Hospice is looking for ordinary people who want to make an extraordinary difference in the lives of those facing terminal and end-of-life illnesses.
Our volunteers meet with the patient for up to one hour per week providing companionship, caregiver relief, dog visits, massage visits, or whatever gifts and talents they may have. These weekly visits take place at their place of residence. Our patients live throughout the Colorado Springs area in their homes, assisted living communities and long-term care nursing facilities. We serve a large veteran population here in Colorado Springs.
Volunteers serve the patient and their family under the guidance of the Volunteer Coordinator. All volunteers are required to complete a background check, drug screen, TB Test, and receive an annual flu vaccination. Suncrest Hopsice provides an orientation class prior to the volunteer being paired with a patient/family.
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to give back to your community! We hope that you will consider becoming a part of our caring and compassionate team today.
- Massage Therapy
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week for one year.
- Suncrest Hospice provides a background check, TB test, flu vaccination and training.
- Office Volunteers for Suncrest...
- You can make a huge difference...
- Volunteer with Suncrest Hospice
- Sewing/Quilting Opportunites...
- Hospice Volunteering - Making a...
- Pet Visits: Do you have an...
- Volunteer at Suncrest Hospice. ...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed! -...
- Seeking Veteran Volunteers
- Be a volunteer at the most...
- Seeking Teen Volunteers!