Reading and Writing tutor. Help adults earn a GED!
Pima Community College Adult Basic Education for College and Career
PLEASE NOTE: Pima College is currently physically closed and all classes are online. YOU NEED TO LOCATED IN TUCSON, AZ DUE TO BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS, have reliable internet, a device of some sort and knowledge and comfort level using virtual mediums such as Google Meets or Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, etc.
Overview: Assist adult reading and writing students with technology, and reading/writing skills
- Assist students with classwork, discussions and projects
- Assist students with technology issues and questions.
- Students are adults working towards their high school equivalency (GED).
- Excellent communication and person to person skills
- Willingness to work with diverse learners from different backgrounds, cultures and abilities
- High degree of initiative and creativity
- Know how to use devices such as laptops, Ipads, etc., and answer basic questions about their use
- Know how to help someone set up an email address, create a user name, etc.
Minimum six month commitment
About Pima Community College Adult Basic Education for College and Career
1255 North Stone Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85709, US
The mission of Pima Community College is to be an open-admissions institution providing affordable, comprehensive educational opportunities that support student success and meet the diverse needs of its students and community.
Pima College Adult Basic Education for College and Career (ABECC) offers free, non-credit high school equivalency, English language and citizenship classes.
Classes are offered year-round in continuous 10-week sessions, at three learning centers, at Pima College campuses, and at community sites.
Volunteers are essential to fulfilling our mission and we welcome inquiries from community members who want to help the thousands of adult students we serve each year.