The Institute For Global Transformation created a global network for Change-Makers designed to mindfully and creatively explore self, ways to improve our lives, and the exciting possibilities for building a better world in the 21st Century.
As Change-Makers, we are pioneers in a new mainstream, millions strong, that now exists worldwide. This vast group shares a sense of the connectedness of all things. They see themselves as bridge builders. They have deep concerns regarding the environment, economics, social issues, and relationships between people, communities and nations. As a result, they view the world through a radically different lens - a way of seeing that steps out of right and wrong and black and white thinking.
If you are interested in this position you will have a desire to raise your consciousness, have interest in spirituality, and have an open mind. If this describes you, we invite you to become part of our team.
PLEASE, before contacting us go to our website at www.ifgt.org and read through our articles under "21st Century Philosophy" to make sure we are an organization you would be happy and proud to support with your volunteer time.
Purpose and Scope of Duties for the Arts Department Director
We are seeking a very special individual who has the skills and vision to realize the potential of the Institute for Global Transformation’s (IFGT) diverse projects. The right person will bring a mix of an outgoing, enthusiastic, "can do" attitude, business acumen, and a genuine passion for being of service.
- Responsible for implementing our marketing strategies on media outlets. This would include knowledge of the latest tools available to non-profits on Facebook and managing regular posts and, when appropriate, responding to followers.
- Stay at the leading edge of industry trends to help brainstorm creative ways to market our strategy that generates inbound leads, gains followers, and creates a positive image.
- Regularly evaluate the success of our media efforts and be part of the team strategies as needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Social Media experience
- Excellent knowledge of Social media management tools
- Some knowledge of copy writing
- Knowledge of social networking analysis tools
- Implement our social media strategy on media outlets
- Monitor trends and encourage adoption of social media tools
- Search for IFGT appropriate content to post
- Implement a social media strategy
Help us develop a social media strategy: The Social Media Manager will help us develop a plan and the parameters for the IFGT’s pages. Help determine objectives, establish what needs to be accomplished and define how it can be done.
- Manage IFGT’s social media sites
The Social Media Manager will ensure our accounts are updated so our messaging is timely and relevant.
Monitor trends and encourage adoption of social media tools
Identifiy and report on social media trends. It is key for organizations to be on top of the latest trends and tools to ensure that an organization is reaching as much of their audience as possible.
- Search for news, articles, etc. to post
Search the internet and the news headlines for articles, stories and tips that are related to the IFGT and which can be posted to our social media accounts.
- Use social networking analysis tools
Some knowledge of how to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns.
We appreciate your consideration and value your talent.
Maryann Miller, President
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 2 hours per week
- team player, enjoy volunteering