Ombudsman:A Funny-Sounding Word for a Valued Volunteer!
Do you care about protecting the rights of older adults and the disabled? The Long-term Care Ombudsman Program needs volunteers to serve as advocates for residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilites. Volunteer hours are flexible, and no prior experience is required.
Volunteers Ombudsman will...
- Visit residents at an assigned facility
- Listen to and advocate
- Protect resident health, safety, welfare and rights.
- Respect resident confidentiality.
- Address concerns.
Help advocate for optimal quality of life and quality of care for older adults living in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2 hours per week, ongoing
- We provide 36 hours of initial certification training for free.