Love children? Love teaching? Love museums? Volunteer as a docent.
WhenWed Sep 21, 2016 09:00 AM - Mon Jun 05, 2017 02:30 AM
Where1788 El PradoP.O. Box 121390Zip for P.O. Box is 92112-1390San Diego, CA 92101
Join our vibrant San Diego Natural History Museum Docent team and engage young and old alike in the wonders of natural history. Docents are trained teaching guides who deliver programs at local schools and in the Museum. The Docents are a very social group so it's a great opportunity to make new friends. Training is held consecutive Wednesdays September 13, 2017-March 30, 2018 from 9 AM-3 PM. Training materials are $20 and Museum membership is required. Training covers all areas of natural history and is taught by museum curators and other local experts. Docents are asked to volunteer one day per week for a two year period. Docents create their own programs so there is plenty of opportunity to keep on learning.
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week upon completion of training
- Training is September 7-the end of March 2017.
- Engage Visitor in the Museum -...
- Great opportunity for Teens!...
- Love children? Love teaching?...
- Explore the wild side San Diego...
- Join our Camps as a Teen Volunteer
- Opportunity for Teens - Camp...
- Camps are coming and we need...
- Does your child love dinosaurs?...
- Get your Dinosaurs Fix - As a...