Are you a people person that enjoys connecting people of all walks of life and wants to make an immediate difference in the community? If so, this is the opportunity for you! Bounty & Soul is seeking two-person volunteer teams to help canvass low-income areas throughout the Swannanoa area to inform them of our weekly free, fresh produce markets and health and wellness lessons. Bounty & Soul has identified target areas as well as public places where information about our market distributions can be posted as well as information about our outreach events (free yoga, Zumba, etc.)Skills Needed: Comfort level with sharing information about free markets, health and wellness education, etc. with diverse populations. Spanish speaking volunteers would be helpful for certain areas that have a high number of Latino residents.Supplies Provided: Bounty & Soul will provide orientation for volunteer teams in order to provide some background and will provide promotional materials (market schedule, brochures) and a map/address to where they're canvassingWhat Volunteers Need to Bring: water bottle and sunscreen as you see fit.
TIME TBA, most likely about Noon-3pm, including a short orientation.
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- UGrow Garden Mentors and Guest...
- St. James Produce Market Volunteer
- Guest Health & Wellness Speaker
- Blue Ridge Apartments Produce...
- Farm and Garden Gleaning Volunteer
- Caretaker for Latino Outreach...
- Neighborhood Canvassing for...
- Swannanoa Produce Market Volunteer
- Thursday Produce Sorting Volunteer
- Spanish Speaking Yoga Instructor
- Spanish Speaking Volunteer for...
- Flat Creek Produce Market...
- Cooking Demo Volunteer
- Benevolent Committee Volunteer
- Friday Produce Sorting Volunteer