Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care has several opportunities available for compassionate, empathetic veterans who would like to dedicate their time by serving other veterans within the community. As a fellow veteran, your experience is individually different, yet uniquely similar to that of our veteran patients and their families.
Cornerstone honors the service of our veteran patients through the 'Cornerstone SALUTES!’ program. We proudly conduct a tailor-made pinning ceremony for our veteran patients, which is performed by one of our trained veteran volunteer's. Our veteran volunteers can also take part in such opportunities as Honor Flights, life enrichment interviews for the Veterans History Project, one-on-one companionship, and light errands.
Things to know before you apply
In order to ensure the highest quality of care for our patients and families, there are state and federal regulations that mandate special requirements for hospice volunteers. We require the following from every person that applies to volunteer with us:
- Completed application with references provided
- Attendance and completion of an introductory 8 hour volunteer training session and any/all ancillary trainings mandated for your specific volunteer opportunity
- Completion of an in-person interview
- A commitment to volunteer for at least one year
- Successful completion of a Level II background check (all costs incurred by Cornerstone Hospice)
- Completion of a two-step tuberculosis screening (all costs incurred by Cornerstone Hospice)
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Needed Veteran Volunteers to...
- Bereavement Volunteer...
- Baby Boomer Volunteers Wanted
- Looking for volunteers to do...
- Visit Patients in Assistant...
- Volunteer Training in Polk County
- Become a Hospice Volunteer at...
- Piano Player Needed--Give the...
- Art Volunteers Needed to work...
- Looking for Musicians
- We Need A Smiling Face. Be A...
- Do you live in Davenport or...
- Be the Compassion your Community...
- Looking for a way to give back...
- Hospice Volunteers needed in...
- Veterans Honoring Fellow Veterans