Human Health Project (HHP) envisions a world where all people have the information, skills and opportunities to lead healthy lives. HHP Programs are active and in development.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website:
Information on Programs active and in development https://tinyurl.com/HHP-Programs
Human Health Project (HHP) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Chief Development Officer (CDO) with deep experience developing, cultivating and implementing individual fundraising plans. Working in close collaboration with senior leadership, the CDO will further develop and implement the organization’s major revenue strategy and targets. Main tasks will consist of analyzing current donor trends, developing strategic solutions, executing approved fundraising initiatives, participating in grant maker research and grant writing, fundraising event planning, and acting as a key relationship (donors, funders, celebrities) liaison.
We're a dedicated and inspired team of creative, passionate, and highly strategic volunteers at the cusp of major growth. You're an energetic, passionate and experienced development professional with a wide-range of fundraising accomplishments under your belt. You're a strategist, strong at creating and determining development strategies and action plans, but you’re also skilled at communicating them to colleagues and constituents alike including the board of directors and executive team. You design the strategy, create stewardship plans, communicate well and motivate the team. Together, we will build and bolster HHP to new heights in donor engagement, stewardship, growth and sustainability.
- Maintain, strengthen, and grow a generous community of major donors by developing a stewardship program through efforts such as major gifts, corporate support, special events, direct mail, and website/email/social media campaigns.
- Forge and maintain relationships and strategies to build the organization’s visibility, impact, and financial resources.
- Work closely with senior management to set, drive and deliver annual fundraising goals.
- Research, develop and deliver a comprehensive private grant calendar, ensuring consistent program development, narrative and metrics that match the organization’s overall goals.
- Develop and execute a well-designed stewardship plan and oversee overall relationships for retention, renewal, and growth for all major donors.
- Strategize ways to cultivate existing relationships that encourage individuals to participate at new and increased levels, to involve their networks and to optimize their lifetime value as investors.
- Design and implement a planned giving campaign.
- Establish contacts, build relationships, and present key asks to the business community to support aspects of HHP’s programs.
- Lead and work closely with staff in researching and assessing potential donors, and help cultivate these new relationships.
- Identify staffing needs for the organization’s fundraising success and participate in building this team as a member of the hiring committee.
- Train and mentor staff on donor relations, and communicate fundraising goals and progress throughout the entire organization.
- Develop innovative ways to effectively communicate the value of contributing to HHP, the impact the organization is making, and presenting tangible results.
- Develop key messaging and communications for promotion on various communication channels, including online and print to support the organization’s visibility and donor engagement.
- Track revenue and the associated metrics, and report this data to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Manage the implementation of the chosen CRM for data and donor management.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Management experience.
- Preferred 5 years of experience in development officer role (experience in animal rescue unnecessary).
- Proven success in fund development for at least a medium non-profit and experience executing on revenue goals from multiple donor channels.
- Record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets in other fundraising endeavors.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and foundations.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing revenue goals, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to executive team.
- Experience in planned giving campaigns and solicitations.
- Excels at creating powerful, compelling written, oral, and digital media based communications for fundraising.
- Ability to convey complex ideas cogently and concisely.
- You can relate to all types of people - from supporters, celebrities, political enthusiasts, to volunteers and major donors - and you're a skilled conversationalist. You enjoy meeting new people; developing and maintaining relationships is a natural tendency. You are likable, engaging, interesting and interested.
- It’s easy for you to establish and cultivate relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization, and externally with donors.
- You take initiative and actively seek to deepen current supporter relationships and to forge new ones. You do not need prodding or guidance from others to take these steps for the non-profit.
- You can encourage others to accept ideas by using powerful arguments, can create a win-win situation, and respond appropriately to key stakeholders.
- You have the strategic vision and social intelligence required to help build models that can promote HHP’s brand, assets, relationships and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals.