Nursing Intern- Helping to keep Elderly healthy at our Adult Day Center!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereCatholic Charities Adult Day Center1919 N. 60th St.Milwaukee, WI 53208
Under general supervision of the Director of the Adult Day Services and Registered Nurse, the Nursing Intern will gain experience working with clients that may have suffered from: a stroke, arthritis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia, as well as developmental disabilities. In this position, the intern will assist the RN with nursing procedures and patient care tasks as well as provide individualized medical care and attention to ADC clients. Interns will also be able to interact with clients by assisting or leading activities, as needed.
- Assist clients with personal and medical care within limits of Adult Day Services Program, such as: assisting clients to and in the bathroom, and giving baths, when necessary
- Provide individualized attention to clients that might benefit from special care or attention
- In collaboration with the Adult Day Center’s Registered Nurse, the intern will assist in performing Initial Wellness Exams and follow up assessments for clients
- Help with adaptive aids and other equipment
- Respond appropriately to medical and safety emergencies
- Support staff in client activities, and lead activities, as needed
- Assist staff in supporting clients during arrival, lunch, snacks, and departure, as needed
- Weekly Check-Ins with Director of Adult Day Services
- Physical ability to frequently lift up to 40 pounds required
- Physical ability to bend, climb, kneel, lift, and reach required
Education and/or Experience
- Pursuing a degree in Nursing or related field
- CNA License required
- Experience with Elderly and Adults with Disabilities is a plus, many of our clients have suffered from a stroke, arthritis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia, as well as developmental disabilities
Help us as we help this wonderful population of elders!
Catholic Charities serves people of all faiths.
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Physician Assistant
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- At least one school semester