Tutor at the Library
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where27 UNION ST NCONCORD, NC 28025
Cabarrus County Public Library's literacy program is seeking volunteer tutors to work one-on-one with an adult learner, helping to improve his or her English reading, writing, and speaking skills.
Adult learners may be native English speakers who lack basic reading and writing skills (Adult Basic Literacy students), or may be foreign language speakers who are learning English for the first time (ESOL students).
- Books and curriculum are provided free of charge to tutors and students
- Tutor and student may arrange their sessions around their schedules
- Supporting resource materials provided as needed
- Speaking another language is not required for ESOL tutors
- Minimum commitment: 1 hour/week
For more information or to get involved, contact the Literacy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-920-2223.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/week