Adult Literacy & ESL Tutors
54 people are interested
The Cabarrus County Public Library is seeking volunteer tutors to assist illiterate, low-literate, or non-English speaking adults with their English literacy skills once a week for a minimum of one hour (6 month minimum commitment). The adult learners are pre-assessed and paired with a volunteer who fits their schedule preferences. Scheduling is flexible, but must fall within library hours (Mon-Thurs 9am-8pm or Fri-Sat 10am-6pm).
- All tutoring materials are provided
- Knowledge of a foreign language is not necessary to tutor English as a Second Language (ESL)
For more information or to get involved, please contact the Literacy Services Coordinator at 704-920-2223 or email@example.com. Thank you!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Cabarrus County Public Library (Literacy Services)
27 Union St. North, CONCORD, NC 28025, US
Connecting Cabarrus County citizens with information and resources that educate, enrich, and empower.
CCPL's literacy program offers the following services to adults in Cabarrus County:
1. Reading and writing assistance to English speakers
2. Teaching English to non-native English speakers
3. U.S. Citizenship interview and exam preparation
4. Reading groups for inmates at the Cabarrus County Detention Center
(We also built and maintain an inmate library within the Detention Center, staffed by Literacy Services volunteers.)
We'll work with your schedule.
27 UNION ST NCONCORD, NC 28025
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/week, preferably for at least 6 months