Tutor an Adult Learner at the Library
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where27 UNION ST NCONCORD, NC 28025
Cabarrus County Public Library's Literacy Services department is seeking volunteer tutors to work one-on-one with adult learners who struggle with reading, writing, or speaking English.
There are opportunities to tutor Adult Literacy students (native English speakers) or ESL students (foreign language speakers). Our greatest need is for ESL tutors.
- Teaching and learning materials are provided free of charge
- Flexible scheduling with a minimum commitment of 1 hour / week
- Knowledge of a foreign language is not necessary to work with an ESL student!
For more information or to get involved, contact the Literacy Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-920-2223. Thank you!
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour/week, preferably for at least 6 months