Description: Help seniors stay fit and healthy! Volunteer Fitness Instructors will lead a class of seniors through ability-appropriate exercises - this may include chair exercises, stretching, and light strength training. Classes are held weekly on the East Side of Saint Paul - currently every Monday from 9:30am to 10:00am. Class time can be moved to work with the volunteer’s schedule.
About us: East Side Elders helps seniors live full and rewarding lives - in the home and community they want - for as long as possible and as healthy and well as possible. Our teams of volunteers, students and community members provide a wide range of services and activities that give the necessary support and resources to our elderly neighbors wherever they call home.
Must pass a background check
Must have experience teaching fitness classes
Able to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a caring, courteous manner
Make a difference in the lives of seniors in the community
463 Maria Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106
Applications can be filled out online:
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Volunteer Handyperson
- Friendly Visitor
- Footcare Volunteer
- Special Event Volunteer - Elder...
- Volunteer Housekeeper
- Fight Hunger - Help Seniors Stay...
- Volunteer Exercise Instructor
- Fun and Games with Seniors -...
- Help Seniors with Household Chores
- Volunteer Attorney
- Wellness Clinic Nurse
- Communications Internship
- Provide Relief to Primary...
- East Side Elders Board Member
- Nursing Assistant
- Event Planning Internship
- Volunteer Driver for Seniors in...
- Outdoor Volunteering - Help...
- Event Planning Volunteer
- Community Outreach Volunteer