Prayer Provider at Street Outreach or Community Meal
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Hours: Weekend mornings and afternoons
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: Any age (with parent/legal guardian if under 18)
Tasks may include:
* Greeting and interacting with community members
* Praying with community members at basic needs outreaches
* Handing out Bibles
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if under 18
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Comfortable praying with people
* Able to listen well
* Open to engaging with people who are facing mental health or substance-abuse struggles
* Open to engaging with people who are facing homelessness
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Faith-based Leadership
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Furniture Bank Assistant
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Children's Worker
- Friendship and Hospitality...
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...
- Basic Needs Assistant