Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Hours: Saturday and Sunday mornings and afternoons
Duration: Weekly, year-round
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
* Greeting and interacting with community members
* Praying with community members at basic needs outreaches
* Handing out Bibles
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Comfortable praying with people
* Open to engaging with people who are facing mental health or substance-abuse struggles
* Open to engaging with people who are facing homelessness
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Faith-based Leadership
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Provide Administrative Support...
- Provide Spanish Translation at...
- Assist Clients and Coordinate...
- Assist at a Community Meal...
- Provide Worship Music
- Pick Up and Deliver Boxes of...
- Load Boxes of Food into Vehicles...
- Be an Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Provide Health Screenings
- Provide Intake Assistance at...
- Provide Worship Music at a...
- Spread the Word About...
- Distribute Food and Clothing at...
- Assist With Registration at a...
- Provide Administrative...
- Provide Prayer for Women...
- Assist as Childcare Worker
- Assist Lead Teacher
- Supervise Children During...
- Provide Care for Women Employed...