Volunteer in Fashionable Thrift Store
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
21 people are interested
Neighbors' Clothes Closet Thrift Store has a dual purpose: proceeds from sales provide funding for Neighbors, Inc.’s emergency and supportive services, like the food shelf, transportation and holiday programs. In addition, clients can receive free vouchers to shop in the store for needed clothing or household items. All of this is made possible with the help of our volunteers.
- Receive incoming donations, thank donors and provide tax receipts when necessary
- Sort clothing and household items. Determine what is able to be sold and what must be recycled
- Provide customers service by greeting customers, answering questions and assisting customers with finding items when necessary. Cashiers will ring up sales, count money and provide change
- Organize, clean and straighten racks and the sales floor. Help to create a beautiful space where customers can shop with dignity and joy
- Must be at least 14 years-old (or 12 if accompanied by an adult). Cashiers must be at least 18
- A positive attitude and a sense of teamwork
- A willingness to work hard-to leave the store and Neighbors better than you found it
- Strong visual presentation skills and/or comfort in helping customers
- Non-English language skills helpful but not necessary
- Tuesdays - Thursdays
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Mondays and Fridays
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Flexible times are also available throughout the week. For more information, please visit: https://www.neighborsmn.org/volunteer-portal/
About Neighbors, Inc.
222 Grand Avenue West, South St. Paul, MN 55075, US
With the help of its volunteers, Neighbors, Inc. will strive to reduce poverty, promote self sufficiency, and build community.
Since 1972, Neighbors, Inc. has ensured that all people in the northern Dakota County live hopeful, independent and self-sufficient lives. Volunteers serve their neighbors in need through programs such as a food shelf, Clothes Closet thrift store, transportation for seniors and people with disabilities, holiday assistance, and much more. At Neighbors, all donations and volunteer service directly supports the local community.
Neighbors was awarded Blue Ribbon Certification from the national Points of Light Foundation for its excellence of its volunteer program. Neighbors was named in the top 1% nationally of more than 330 organizations.
We'll work with your schedule.
222 Grand Ave WSouth St Paul, MN 55075
- People Skills
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Ongoing, weekly