Mobile Food Pantry Assistant
Initiative: Beyond the Basics
Impact area: Basic needs (food, clothing, housing)
Hours: Friday mornings
Duration: Every other week, year-round
Desired level of commitment: Once per month
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
* Unpacking food from Mobile Foodshare truck
* Setting up food on tables
* Greeting community members
* Distributing food to community members
* Handing out shopping bags
* Answering questions as needed
In order to volunteer, you should be:
* A registered UAServe volunteer (you will have a chance to register if you haven't already)
* Willing to attend an orientation prior to volunteering
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Spanish-speaking skills a plus
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Website and Graphic Designer
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Prayer Provider for Women...
- Food Pantry Inventory Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Assistant to the Lead Teacher
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...