From education and prevention to testing, counseling, case management, advocacy, housing and short term rental assistance, EPIC is a leader in serving our neighbors affected or infected by HIV. EPIC is the largest provider of HIV services in the Tampa Bay area. Over 10,000 clients are served annually at our locations in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties. Volunteers are utilized at EPIC offices to serve in a variety of roles including:
Receptionist - Hours available Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm (greatest need 8:30am to 12:30 pm)
Food pantry assistance
Outreach - Assist with presentations and/or host information tables at community health fairs
Activities - Lead activities such as jewelry making, games, cards, etc.
Special Events - Assist in community events supporting EPIC (i.e. AIDS Memorial Bells, Brighter Seasons for Children Program, AIDS Walk, and Dining out for Life).
Volunteer Orientation is a four-hour training session for individuals interested in learning more about Empath Health’s volunteer opportunities.
To register for class and verify locations: Please call Volunteer Registration at 727-523-3440. Registration ends 3 business days before the start of training.
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies according to assignment; flexible
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Resale Shoppe...
- Volunteer Receptionist – Be a...
- Empath Health Teen Volunteer
- Palliative Arts Volunteer
- Suncoast Hospice Patient/Family...
- Veterans Serving Veterans...
- Telephone Support Volunteer
- Suncoast PACE (Program of...
- Empath Partners in Care- EPIC
- Organizational Support – Office,...
- Empath Health Volunteers Needed...