You will gain experience in non-profit grant writing and researching, and will help develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations to persuasively communicate the DCA’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Research grant programs and plans.
- Write or assist in preparing proposals/applications.
- Assist with preparing quarterly or annual reports as required by granting agencies.
- The candidate is requested to have his/her own laptop and communications tools.
This volunteer position or internship is focused on providing real-world training and an out-of-classroom educational experience to those interested in pursuing a career in arts administration, management and financial planning particular to the nonprofit sector, urban planning including community and city revitalization and planning. You will work closely with the Executive Director and possibly some Board Members.
Helps if you have these qualifications:
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of grant application process and writing of proposals.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently in preparing grant/loan applications.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data.
This volunteer position can be offsite or in our office, tailored around your schedule. If working offsite, you may be required to periodically come into the office. If working onsite, we will schedule your days. This is an unpaid volunteer position; however, it can also equate to an internship with exchanged hours worked for university credit. We would be happy to make arrangements to accommodate this. We would like a commitment of at least 8-12 hrs/week (or to be determined by an internship). This position can be ongoing, but we would like your engagement for at least 2-3 months.
In return for the volunteer hours, the benefits to the volunteer candidate may include: job reference letter from the Executive Director, experience gained while volunteering on various projects, networking opportunities, and current resume entry. Most importantly, you will be helping the DCA work towards its mission.
- Resource Development / Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Market Research
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-12 hrs/week