Image Impact International seeks a highly motivated Vice President of Development to join our all-volunteer team. This volunteer Board position works collaboratively to create, oversee, and implement a strategic approach to fundraising. This role provides leadership for fundraising initiatives and combines excellent communication and organizational skills with a passion for the organization’s mission. Image Impact International’s mission is to mentor first-generation college students to remain in college. Through our college to career bridge programs, we provide the leadership, communication, and professional skills needed for workplace success.
VP Development Responsibilities include:
Plan fund development activities
- Execute a realistic strategic action plan to increase revenues and ensure sustainability.
- Set realistic revenue projections and an expenditure budget for fundraising annually.
- Review policies and procedures for fund development and stewardship in coordination with the VP Governance.
Organize fund development activities
- Identify and prioritize corporate, community and individual potential donors for Board of Directors outreach.
- Assist with effective internal and external communications to approach funders and donors.
- Oversee an automated donor database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information.
- In coordination with the Treasurer, use automated donor reports to provide regular updates on fundraising progress.
- Cultivate relationships with foundations, grantors, sponsors, and donors whose missions align with our own.
- Create relationships with stakeholders to advance the organization’s mission and fundraising goals. These communities include first-generation college students, career services, alumni, business leaders, and public and private colleges.
- Inspire, train, and motivate Board members and volunteers.
Online Campaigns and Events
- Oversee the planning and execution of annual online campaigns and special fundraising events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising activities and adjust strategies as necessary.
- Coordinate with the Grants support team to prioritize grant opportunities and partnerships.
- Oversee the grants research and grant writing support team.
- Assist with the preparation and submittal of grant applications as needed.
Volunteer Board Position Details
- Term: Two (2) Years
- Time Commitment: Minimum of 3-5 virtual hours per month, including some evenings.
- Attend monthly virtual Board weeknight meeting.
- Participate in periodic team meetings if located in the New York Metro Area.
- Please submit the following documents for consideration:
- Resume or CV
- Bio of 100-300 words
- Candidates may submit their materials electronically, via Word or as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT IMAGE IMPACT INTERNATIONAL:
Image Impact International, Inc. (III) is a global Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to mentor first-generation college students to remain in college. Through our college to career bridge programs, we provide the leadership, communication, and professional skills needed for workplace success.
- Financial Literacy
- Relationship Building
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18