BJC Hospice is seeking compassionate, caring individuals to support terminally ill patients and their families at our new hospice house, Evelyn’s House in Creve Coeur. This is a great opportunity to do meaningful work that has a significant impact, all while setting your own schedule and choosing your own shifts.
Volunteers will be needed for:
- Greeting visitors
- Providing hospitality assistance
- Companionship visits
- Respite visits so that caregivers can take a break
- Pet therapy
- Visits to military veterans by military veterans (We Honor Veterans)
- Creating life review projects (Lumina)
- Support during a patient’s final hours (PasSage)
- Complimentary therapies including massage therapy, Healing Touch and Reiki
- Serving on an "on-call" basis
Most shifts are 3 to 4 hours long. Volunteers will attend a general orientation and a house-specific orientation, and will receive ongoing support from the volunteer coordinator and hospice staff. You will not be providing hands-on care. Additional hospice education and opportunities to connect with other volunteers will take place throughout the year.
If you have a heart for helping patients at the end of life, call Volunteer Coordinator Mary Lindsley at 314-953-1671 or visit http://www.bjchospice.org/Volunteers.aspx.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Licensed Massage/Reiki/Healing...
- Volunteers needed for new...
- Office Support Volunteer
- Nursing Home Visitors and Home...
- Transitions Program Volunteer
- Dogs (and their humans) needed...
- Licensed hair stylists needed...
- Make a difference as a hospice...
- Volunteers needed for BJC...
- Nursing home and In Home...