73 people are interested
English Teacher for Adults
ORGANIZATION: Intercambio Uniting Communities
Please visit the new page to apply.
73 people are interested
Participate in strengthening your community and improve your understanding of Boulder County!
- Breakdown fear and increase understanding
- Improve your teaching skills
- Create cross-cultural friendships
It is not necessary to speak Spanish or another language other than English, or to have prior teaching experience. We are looking for enthusiastic, patient people who are able to commit to teaching, at minimum, an entire level - which works out to be approximately 50 teaching hours.
We provide training, in-service workshops, materials, and on-going support. Please visit our website for more information: https://intercambio.org/volunteer-opportunities/teaching-english/
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intercambio is a 501(c) (3) non-profit. All donations are tax exempt. Time commitment: 1.5-2 hour classes twice a week (not including prep time for classes) for approximately 6 months to a year (or until completion of full class level) plus training that includes participatory activities, teaching workshops and the creation of sample lesson plans. For more information and to access our on-line application, visit our website www.intercambio.org
About Intercambio Uniting Communities
4735 Walnut Street, Suite B, Boulder, CO 80301, US
Vision: We ignite human potential by cultivating a world where people from different cultural backgrounds connect, communicate and engage. Mission: We provide English language education, resources and training that create meaningful connections, build cultural awareness and inspire confidence.
Teaching English. Connecting People.
While teaching English is the core of what we do, how we do this work is what unleashes the potential of individuals and our community.
Teaching English the "Intercambio way" creates new, meaningful relationships that open doors to:
- Connections: For our students, it’s practical English language skills to connect with their local community. For our volunteers, it’s being able to engage with immigrants living nearby in a meaningful way.
- Cultural Awareness: When students, teachers and community members deepen their connections, there can be appreciation of our differences. The initiative to gain cultural awareness is part of what strengthens communities.
- Confidence: Stepping out of one’s comfort zone to engage with people from a different background can be challenging. We enable students and volunteers to grow their confidence in this and many other ways.
At Intercambio, our English learners and teachers create change while achieving personal goals. The ripple effect of this change impacts generations. This is an example of what is possible in our world and what Intercambio aspires to see. Thank you for joining us on our amazing journey!
4735 Walnut Street, Suite BBoulder, CO 80301
May 19, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month minimum, 2-4 hours a week