Springfest, scheduled for June 3, 2018, at Powisset Farm in Dover, MA is a joyous event, filled with activities including a trail race, farm tours, visits with our animals, music, kids activities, food and fun for adults and kids of all ages! Come celebrate the start of a new season at the farm, make some new friends and enjoy the day as you lend a hand to make this the very best Springfest ever!
Note: Volunteers who work BOTH shifts will receive a free meal at the Powisset Cafe.
A number of different volunteer positions are available, with shifts either 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Volunteer positions include:
* Admission Assistants
* Sustainability Managers
* Parking Assistants
* Volunteer Table Assistants
* Kids Craft Table Assistants
* Barnyard Assistants
* Powisset Cafe Assistants
* Vary depending on volunteer position
* Communicate effectively with staff and other volunteers
* Assist with set up and clean up
* Help answer questions about the Farm
* Log volunteer hours
* Have excellent communication skills
* Friendly and outgoing personality
* Have reliable transportation to the Farm
* Enjoy working with people
June 3, 2018. Shifts available from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and/or 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
For more information
Contact Eileen Small, Volunteer Resources Coordinator, 781-784-0567 x5501, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/
More about The Trustees
Founded by landscape architect Charles Eliot in 1891, The Trustees has, for more than 125 years, been a catalyst for important ideas, endeavors, and progress in Massachusetts. As a steward of distinctive and dynamic places of both historic and cultural value, The Trustees is the nation’s first preservation and conservation organization, and its landscapes and landmarks continue to inspire discussion, innovation, and action today as they did in the past. We are a nonprofit, supported by members, friends and donors and our 116 sites are destinations for residents, members, and visitors alike, welcoming millions of guests annually. www.thetrustees.org.
The Trustees is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, military service, application for military service, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. The Trustees makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- June 3, 9:30 am-12:30 pm and/or 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Boat House Steward - Norris...
- Communications Intern - Francis...
- Event Volunteer - Bird Park
- Event Assistant - Weir River Farm
- Invasive Species Control...
- Farm Educator Volunteer -...
- Guest Services Ambassador -...
- Gardening Volunteer - Mytoi
- Nest Box Monitor - Charles River...
- Wednesday Garden Crew - Haskell
- Field Assistant Volunteer -...
- Communications Outreach...
- Children's Public Program...
- Barnyard Story Hour Volunteer -...
- Nature Based Educator - Rocky...
- Engagement & Education Volunteer...
- Property Ambassador - Francis...
- Painter Volunteer - Charles...
- Hen Helper - The Farm Institute
- Property Ambassador - Eleanor...