Human Resources Manager
Mission of GeekGirlCon
GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion.
Director of Internal Operations
Positions Reporting To This One
GeekGirlCon’s Human Resources Manager is in responsible for recruiting and onboarding new staff members. This person also maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.Responsibilities
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares staff for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of work results by training managers to coach staff members; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling staff and supervisors.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures to the Executive Director.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, set goals, and prioritize tasks.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel and Google Suite
- Experience working in Human Resources a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience working with our diverse communities, empowerment, diversity and inclusion.
- GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
Apply here. https://geekgirlcon.com/get-involved/volunteer/staff-volunteer-application/
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours per week
- 3rd Sunday of Month Staff Meeting 1-3; Convention attendance 9/30 & 10/1