Building and Grounds Caretaker
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
159 Union StreetBangor, ME 04401
Assist in maintaining the Thomas A. Hill House and its grounds. A caretaker will work with the Curator and the Building and Grounds Committee to make the property presentable to visitors.
- Assist in maintaining the exterior of Hill House by raking, shoveling, gardening and performing light maintenance, etc.
- Help decorate the exterior of the building for holidays and events
- Help set up for BHS events located at the Hill House as needed
- Opportunity to staff BHS events
- Caretakers are required to attend an orientation course at the BHS. Courses are regularly scheduled and will last approximately an hour.
- Caretakers will be supplied with information regarding the Hill House and its history and are encouraged to ask staff for help at any time.
- Caretakers are asked to be available for at least one shift a week.
- Caretaker shift target length varies depending on duties, but is a max of three hours each.
- Shifts can be scheduled from Monday-Saturday, 10am to 4pm
- Location: Thomas A. Hill House
Qualifications and Skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the care of historic houses
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Be comfortable on ladders
- The ability to lift 30lbs unassisted.
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Free admission to Thomas A. Hill House museum
- Access to the museum’s resources and collection as well as learning materials
- Free entrance to BHS events
- 15% discount on gift store purchases
- After 100 hours of service, a free one-year membership to Bangor Historical Society
- Facilities Management
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Home Repair
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one 2-3 hour shift per week
Report this opportunity