JOB TITLE: Corporate Sponsorship Manager MISSION OF GEEKGIRLCON GeekGirlCon celebrates and honors the legacy of women contributing to science and technology; comics, arts, and literature; and game play and game design by connecting geeky women worldwide and creating community to foster continued growth of women in geek culture through events. GeekGirlCon values being a Welcoming Community, Empowerment, Diversity and Inclusion. DEPARTMENT Internal Operations REPORTS TO Director of Internal Operations POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS ONE N/A JOB SUMMARY GeekGirlCon's Corporate Sponsorship Manager is in charge of acquiring corporate sponsors and grants for the organization, as well as organizing and maintaining details pertaining to corporate donations. They will also ensure that sponsors receive the appropriate benefits for their sponsorship level and help to maintain relationships with current donors. This position requires an enthusiastic attitude with excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees development of corporate sponsorship program with an eye for enhancing stewardship and increasing revenue
- Assists Director of Development in setting annual fundraising goals. Tracks progress towards goal and provides monthly reports.
- Maintains Corporate sponsor file, tracking cycle of each sponsorship ask for prospective and returning sponsors using Google Docs/CRM
- Drafts sponsorship agreements and invoices; Tracks fair market value of sponsorship benefits and issues tax statements at the end of the fiscal year
- Keeps accurate details for all merchandise/in-kind donations received, including exact quantity of donation (i.e. "100 comic books," not "box of comic books") and full retail value of said items or services
- Ensures that Sponsors receive entitled benefits; track deliverables for each sponsorship agreement
- Coordinates with the Exhibitor Services Manager and Registration and Admission Manager regarding sponsor tables and comped passes
- Coordinates with Digital Experiences and Design departments regarding sponsorship deliverables and recognition
- Obtains logos, ad files, and other information from corporate sponsors for the program booklet and other printed materials or electronic communication
- Works with Director of Internal Operations and Director of Development to set annual departmental sub-budget; review expenses and update spending needs annually
- Makes yearly updates and maintains corporate sponsorship deck
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to write clear, concise and compelling communication
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience in communicating business and marketing objectives to corporations in order to establish and maintain support and enthusiasm
- Self-motivated and able to operate with little direction
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel and Google Suite
- Awareness of current trends and activities in design and geek culture
- Working knowledge and experience working with our diverse communities, empowerment, diversity and inclusion
- Minimum commitment to this volunteer position is two Convention cycles
- With the exception of the Executive Director, GeekGirlCon staff positions are all volunteer, non-paid positions.
- Attendance in-person or remotely for staff and departmental meetings is required.
- Must maintain prompt and professional correspondence.
- Most work is conducted over email and with in-person meetings in the Seattle area.
- Between 5-10 hours per week of work is required for this role (including meetings, etc).
- The staff is a team of highly dedicated, geeky, and passionate volunteers; it’s a lot of hard work, but an amazing experience with lots of opportunity to help build GeekGirlCon for the future!
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours per week
- Attendance at monthly staff mtgs (every 3rd Sunday afternoon); Convention attendance 9/30-10/1, 2017