BJC Hospice is seeking compassionate, caring individuals to support terminally ill patients and their families. This is a great opportunity to do meaningful work that has a significant impact, all while setting your own schedule and choosing your own assignments.
Volunteers support patients who are in their homes, or in nursing homes, through:
- Companionship visits
- Respite visits so that caregivers can take a break
- Running errands
- Light housekeeping
- Pet therapy
- Visits to military veterans by military veterans (We Honor Veterans)
- Creating life review projects (Lumina)
- Support during a patient’s final hours (PasSage)
- Spiritual care visits
- Handyman assistance
- Taking patients on outings
- Occasional transportation to appointments or to run errands
- Craft projects for patients
Volunteers will attend a comprehensive orientation and receive ongoing support from the volunteer coordinator and hospice staff. You will not be providing hands-on care. Additional hospice education and opportunities to connect with other volunteers will take place throughout the year.
If you have a heart for helping patients at the end of life, call Volunteer Coordinator Mary Lindsley at 314-953-1671 or visit http://www.bjchospice.org/Volunteers.aspx. We’re looking forward to talking with you.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Licensed Massage/Reiki/Healing...
- Volunteers needed for new...
- Office Support Volunteer
- Nursing Home Visitors and Home...
- Transitions Program Volunteer
- Dogs (and their humans) needed...
- Licensed hair stylists needed...
- Make a difference as a hospice...
- Volunteers needed for BJC...
- Nursing home and In Home...