The Youth Services Department is looking for Future Protectors Initiative Mentors to provide mentorship for program participants residing in high-crime, high-poverty neighborhoods along Boston’s Blue Hill Avenue corridor over a 6 month period.
- Develop relationships with youths in a group setting over a period of 6 months.
- Mentors will lead conversations regarding their experience in their public-service fields, and discuss the job and life skills needed to be successful.
- Provide further information for youth who wish to pursue careers in the public sector.
- Minimum of 3 hours per week of mentor-mentee activityed (Wednesdays only).
Skills & Qualifications:
Individuals who have current or previous working experience in the criminal justice and public safety fields are encouraged to apply for this mentorship opportunity; i.e. active duty fire fighters, emergency medical services personnel, police officers, and personnel in government/legal services. Prior experience with youth mentorship is preferred.
- Law Enforcement
- Life Coaching
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hrs per week on Wednesday evenings for 6 months
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Exercise Instructor Volunteer
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Future Protectors Initiative...
- Community Planning and Research...