About Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
We seek 1-2 outgoing individuals with a promotional mindset, looking to gain experience developing and executing marketing plans, including building partnerships at a nonprofit serving over 400,000 visitors a year in sparking children’s leaning through play. The interns will be responsible for assisting the external relations department with marketing and promotional efforts Minnesota Children’s Museum.
Responsibilities may include creating promotional copy for upcoming exhibits and programs, producing marketing plans, measuring advertising campaigns and coordinating partnerships to increase the number of general visitors to the Museum.
Major Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and museum staff. All duties will be carried out with the direction and supervision of the External Relations division.
- Promotional and sales related opportunities
- Marketing plan development and coordination
- Market research and advertising mix analysis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- Strong writing skills (marketing plans, reports and copywriting) and proofreading skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work well with people
- Formal education in related field (marketing, communications, journalism or related experience)
- Ability to organize time, follow directions and complete tasks in an effective manner
- Ability to interpret and analyze data
- Knowledge of branding, logos and target audiences
- Computer skills, including MS Office Suite (especially Word and Excel), Google Drive
- Knowledge of APA style
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
Experience in one or more of the following (please indicate this experience in your application):
- Graphic design software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Advanced Excel experience for data analysis
1. Intern orientation
2. Policies and practices of marketing and communications in a nonprofit cultural institution
Applications accepted until position is filled.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 hours per week
- Museum Experience Intern
- Costume Design and Props Intern
- Exhibit Documentation Intern
- Recruitment & Onboarding Intern
- Integrated Marketing...
- Family Learning Intern
- Museum Experience Coordinator...
- Join the Play Team! Summer Teen...
- Exhibit Fabrication Intern
- Digital Media Intern
- Grant Writing & Events Intern
- Volunteer Services Intern
- Youth Development Intern
- Integrated Communications Intern
- Studio Intern
- Membership & Sales Intern
- Integrated Marketing Intern