About Minnesota Children's Museum
Minnesota Children’s Museum’s mission is sparking children’s learning through play. We are dedicated to providing children with a hands-on and stimulating environment to explore and discover. With locations in St. Paul, Rochester, and the Mall of America, MCM employs 65 full-time and 65 part-time employees and engages over 1,300 volunteers annually. At MCM our workplace values that guide how we work together are: Play, Include, Grow, Serve and Strive.
Minnesota Children's Museum is dedicated to growing a diverse and culturally competent team of highly engaged staff and volunteers. Applicants from diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position will focus on assisting the Institutional Giving Associate in grant reporting, capital campaign wrap-up, prospect research, composing narrative, maintaining donor files and other projects. The position will also support the Development Events Manager to prepare materials for and host stewardship events. Additionally, there will be opportunities to work in other areas of Development as projects arise. The Grant Writing & Events Intern will gain firsthand knowledge of grant-writing, research, the Raisers Edge database tool and knowledge of the local funding community in a fun and fast-paced non-profit environment.
Major Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and development staff. Depending on experience and background, the intern will have the opportunity for more creative and independent work. All duties will be carried out with direction and supervision of development staff.
- Assist in submitting grant reports to local and national foundations and corporations.
- Complete complex data entry to maintain grants calendar and other donor information in Raisers Edge database.
- Assist in preparing materials for and hosting stewardship events for museum donors.
- Research local corporate and private foundations for guidelines and deadlines.
- Other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Formal education in related field (development, marketing, communications, journalism or related experience.)
- Excellent computer skills, especially in data entry, database skills or knowledge of Raisers Edge preferred
- Able to conduct online research
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills. If available, please attach a short writing sample under Additional Files.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy is important
- Ability to work well with others as well as on an independent basis.
- Intern Orientation.
- Policies and practices of fundraising procedures in a nonprofit cultural institution.
- Navigation and use of Raiser’s Edge.
- Navigation and use of SharePoint.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
- Event Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-12 hours per week
- Museum Experience Intern
- Costume Design and Props Intern
- Skills-Based Volunteer: Video
- Exhibit Documentation Intern
- Recruitment & Onboarding Intern
- Integrated Marketing...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Family Learning Intern
- Museum Experience Coordinator...
- Skills-Based Volunteer: Digital...
- Join the Play Team! Summer Teen...
- Exhibit Fabrication Intern
- Digital Media Intern
- Grant Writing & Events Intern
- Volunteer Services Intern
- Youth Development Intern
- Integrated Communications Intern
- Studio Intern
- Membership & Sales Intern
- Integrated Marketing Intern