We are looking for a leader to build a local ChickTech chapter in Detroit. The position would entail Volunteer and Chapter Management.
Our ideal Chapter Director candidate will have:
Experience with event planning and volunteer or staff management
Experience with either nonprofits and/or the tech field
Strong organizational and time management skills
Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Good strategic and tactical thinking
The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating, and organizing work tasks
Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
A drive to improve the experience of girls and women in technology
Key Chapter Director responsibilities include:
Carry the vision for the chapter and inspire others to become a part of the ChickTech movement
Build, train, and lead the leadership team to achieve the ChickTech mission
Find and foster strategic partnerships and relationships with organizations and businesses
Be the face of the organization (for the press, speaking events, etc)
Determine strategic direction of the chapter
Collaborate with the chapter Operations Director to determine overall budget and annual planning (with help from HQ)
Build and maintain advisory board
Ensure programs are run efficiently and effectively while providing a high quality experience for participants and volunteers.
Ensure comprehensive documentation is created to help identify best practices, keep the program in line with the organization’s mission and philosophy, and ensure repeatability for future volunteers
Keep in close contact with HQ and other chapters
The benefits: A chance to change many lives in your community. An opportunity to have a director-level leadership experience to put on your resume. Networking directly with ChickTech HQ’s executive staff. Extensive networking opportunities at a local level with a wide diversity of tech companies and other organizations. All-expenses paid trip to Portland for the annual Chapter Leadership Summit once a year.
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 15 hours per week
- Resume and Interview
- High School Program Director:...
- Call for Day-of ACT-W New York...
- Career Events Lead: ChickTech...
- Partnerships Lead, ChickTech...
- Call for ACT-W Austin Conference...
- Volunteer Lead - Houston
- Twitter Bot Workshop Leader,...
- Communications Lead - Atlanta
- Workshop Leader, ChickTech Atlanta
- Call for ACT-W Boston Conference...
- Communications Lead - Houston
- Call for ACT-W Seattle...
- Development Manager/Fundraising...
- WordPress Expert, ChickTech DC
- Mobile App Design Workshop...
- ChickTech Social Media Lead,...
- Women in Tech Events Manager,...
- High School Program Volunteer:...
- ChickTech's ACT-W Bay Area...
- Chapter Director - Atlanta