Are you looking to get your fur baby involved in the community? Hillcrest Health Services is looking for you! Companionship with pets comforts and enhances the lives of aging adults.
Pet therapy is known to lower blood pressure, heart rate, and stress. It also helps on an emotional level to decrease anxiety and depression. Alzheimer's and Dementia patients greatly benefit from pet therapy as it reduces unwanted behaviors and calms agitation.
- Pet and owner are a certified Pet Therapy Team - We can assist in lining you up with a local certification group.
- Elder care
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Chair Exercise/Movement Leader
- Bereavement Administrative...
- Calling all Pet Therapy Volunteers
- Volunteer Opportunities at...
- Bingo Callers
- Volunteer as a Family
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer...
- Donate your Special Talents to...
- No One Dies Alone - On Call...
- Looking to get your youth...
- Looking for Volunteer...
- Hillcrest Companionship Volunteers
- Pet Therapy-Hillcrest Health...
- Beauty Salon Volunteer