Member, Board of Directors
Engineering For Kids of Metro Atlanta is currently seeking Volunteer Board Members with a passion for providing STEM educational opportunities to children in the underserved communitiies. Nonprofit board members have two basic responsibilities-support and governance-each requiring different skills and expertise. In the role of "supporter" board members raise money, bring contacts to the organization, and act as ambassadors to the community. Equally important, the "governance" role involves protection of the public interest, being a fiduciary, selecting the executive director and assessing his/ her performance, ensuring compliance with legal and tax requirements, and evaluating the organization's work.
- Advance the mission of Engineering For Kids of Metro Atlanta
-Actively promote the mission of Engineering For Kids of Metro Atlanta, with ideas and expertise.
-Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization’s field.
-Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs; inform others about the organization, and work to enhance the organization's public image.
-Develop partnership with local schools and corporations
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Determine and monitor the organization’s programs and services.
- Participate in the development of a strategic plan to accomplish the mission, oversee its implementation and evaluate its success.
- Actively participate in all board activities
- Attend in person or by phone annual and special board meetings.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on a committee and periodically take on special assignments.
- Ensure adequate resources
- Make a personal financial contribution to the organization.
-Participate in fundraising initiatives
-Carry out the fiduciary responsibilities of the board, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements
- Follow conflict-of-interest and confidentiality policies.
- Chemical Engineering
- System Engineering
- Youth Services
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hours a month
- Board dues