This role supports the Be The Match Walk+Run National Program. The purpose of the Be The Match Walk+Run event series is to raise funds for Be The Match and its life-saving mission. This internship provides the opportunity to experience first-hand the many facets of operating a fundraising event following a national template within six markets across the country.
National Coordinating Center
500 N 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Key Responsibilities Could Include:
* Assist with Walk+Run event operations including: data entry, list development,
supply shipment, storage inventory, story mining, and other efforts based on the
direction provided by the Senior Development Manager and Walk+Run Administrative Specialist.
* Research potential promotional opportunities in all six markets.
* Research potential corporate sponsors and in-kind donations for both the national
series and individual events.
* Research like-minded organizations for potential event partnerships.
* Support event volunteer recruitment efforts and communication plans.
Walk+Run Administrative Specialist, Elicia Bechard
- May 2018 - September 2018, ideally
- Must volunteer a minimum of 120 hours
- Flexible working hours
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Must be enrolled at an institution of higher learning. There is a 6-month grace period post-graduation. The internship can be for class credit, but that is not required.
* Self-motivated, strong interest in nonprofit work and belief in community service, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work in an office environment using office equipment and tools like Microsoft Office.
* Comfortable and effective working independently and as a member of a team.
* Lifting boxes and supplies may be required as part of preparing for event and promotional opportunities.
Receive training and work under the direction of the Walk+Run Administrative Specialist. Develop time management, writing and communication, leadership, and project management skills. Gain proficiency in working remotely and working with volunteers, and gain knowledge of fundraising and event logistics.
Be The Match Walk+Run Overview:
The Be The Match Walk+Run (5K, 1K, and Tot Trot) raises funds to: add more volunteer potential marrow donors to the Be The Match Registry, giving more patients hope for a cure; help patients with uninsured treatment costs; and support continued marrow transplant research
- Basic Computer Skills
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Ideally May thru September; 120 hours minimum
- Must be enrolled at an institution of higher learning
- Be The Match Walk+Run Chicago
- Be The Match Gala Committee
- New York Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Special Event Sponsorship Intern
- Charlotte Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Case Management Service Intern
- Biorepository Service Intern
- Be The Match Walk+Run Service...
- Special Event Auction Intern
- Be The Match Walk+Run Program...
- Education and Outreach Service...
- Patient Services Programs Intern
- Long Beach Be The Match Walk+Run...
- Be The Match Walk+Run Minneapolis