Manager of Legal Counsel
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a highly qualified individual to work closely with our Legal Counsel Director as Manager of Legal Counsel. The candidate will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, discernment, and flexibility. The director will collaborate with NAAHP's Executive Management Team to fulfill NAAHP's Mission. The Manager of Legal Counsel reports directly to the Director of Legal Counsel.
- Drafts and solidifies agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights
- Evaluates different risk factors regarding decisions and operations of NAAHP
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Provides clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Anticipates issues and estimates risks strategically
- Manages and implements compliance programs
- Helps design, implements and administers Legal Department processes, and other Legal projects as assigned
- Provides strategic business and legal advice to minimize legal risks
- Efficiently manages outside counsel and associated budgets as needed
- Responsible for review of by laws, policies and more
- BSc degree in Law
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of laws and procedures
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced virtual environment
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of NAAHP
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Conference/Events Coordinator
- Associate Graphic Designer
- Chapter Development Director
- Manager of Legal Counsel
- Manager of Marketing
- Human Resources Manager
- Manager of Conference/Events
- Content Writer/Editor
- Government Affairs Coordinator
- Director of Conference/Events
- Communications Coordinator
- Manager of Fundraising and Donor...
- Director of Finance
- Director of Communications
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Director of Fundraising and...
- Public Relations Assistant Officer
- Social Media Specialist
- Public Relations and Outreach...