Assistant of Legal Counsel
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a highly qualified individual to work in our legal department as Assistant of Legal Counsel. The Assistant Legal Counsel provides legal support and risk management services to the organization. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, discernment, and flexibility. The assistant will collaborate with NAAHP's Executive Management Team to fulfill NAAHP's Mission. The Assistant of Legal Counsel reports directly to the Director of Legal Counsel.
- Performs clerical tasks such as filing, scanning and faxing documents
- Assists with legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights
- Assists with various aspects of company secretarial work
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Assists with member matters, collections, and more
- Drafts contracts and agreements
- Assists with compliance programs
- Provides strategic business and legal advice to minimize legal risks
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Legal Counsel
- BSc degree in Law preferred
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and the ability to apply legal knowledge and experience within a dynamic environment
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of laws and procedures
- A successful track record in setting priorities
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced virtual environment
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of NAAHP
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Conference/Events Coordinator
- Associate Graphic Designer
- Chapter Development Director
- Manager of Legal Counsel
- Manager of Marketing
- Human Resources Manager
- Manager of Conference/Events
- Content Writer/Editor
- Government Affairs Coordinator
- Director of Conference/Events
- Communications Coordinator
- Manager of Fundraising and Donor...
- Director of Finance
- Director of Communications
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Director of Fundraising and...
- Public Relations Assistant Officer
- Social Media Specialist
- Public Relations and Outreach...