Do you have a heart for helping women go from crisis to recovery after domestic abuse? Want to be directly involved in a life changing service? This opportunity might be perfect for you!
WHY?? You can travel the U.S., have adventures you'll remember for a lifetime, change lives as a driver, and support victims in a direct, meaningful way!
Families to Freedom transports victims of domestic abuse to safety.
We need volunteers aged 21+ who have a good driving record, clean background, and time to drive survivors of domestic violence from a safe pickup place in DFW to a destination far away. Great for those who are a little adventurous minded and want to be personally involved in changing lives.
- Trips are typically to another state depending on our client's needs
- Arranged pick-ups in a safe public place somewhere in or near DFW
- Most of our clients travel with children- we prepare car seats so you don't have to
- You can choose to accept or decline a trip- no pressure!
- Families to Freedom provides the vehicle, fuel, food and other travel costs
- Typical driving missions start in the morning
- You can share driving with a friend or family member if they are also a volunteer
- Some longer trips require an overnight stay (we pay for that)
- Local driving also needed
Weekday volunteer drivers are in high demand!!
View the Volunteer page on FamiliestoFreedom.org for an application. Call 972-885-7020 for information about this position. Training and orientation is required, conducted in our North Dallas office.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Bus/Van Driving
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Ranges from 1-3 days
- Need a smartphone