Do you love cats? Do you want to be a part of reducing euthanasia in shelters and helping the population of homeless cats? Can you work in a fast-paced environment on your feet for a few hours every week or two?
The Feral Cat Spay/Neuter Project is looking for volunteers to help in our spay/neuter clinic with the feral, free-roaming, and owned cats that we serve. While it isn't a cuddly or glamorous job, it is an extremely important cause and your time and energy directly helps the cats! We have clinics Sunday-Wednesday, and volunteer orientations are held monthly.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Cleaning carriers where cats will recover after surgery
- Monitoring cats after surgery
- Clinic cleaning and laundry
- Cleaning surgical instruments and assembling surgical packs
- Preparing cats for spay/neuter surgery
Currently, our greatest needs are for prep table volunteers (shaving and scrubbing surgical sites, assisting clinic staff) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays. We also need volunteers to monitor cats after surgery, keeping them warm and safe as they recover.
To learn more and to submit a volunteer application, please visit:
Thanks for considering us!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8:30 - 1:30, 3 month commitment, 2 shifts/month
- Ability to work on your feet and take direction