Power where there is no grid. Connectivity where nothing is connected. Communications in places of isolation. Do those sound like challenges you’d like to take on? Then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
We need engineers to collaborate with people around the world who have a passion to use computers and technology to meet needs in places where power and Internet access are normally unavailable. You are a specialist in fields like digital communications, network engineering, power systems or electrical engineering, and you might often work with RF, solar, satellite, antenna, battery, or monitoring systems.
When you join us, you will be working with a team of engineers to research and recommend products for field use. You will help troubleshoot problems with existing systems and consult when people want to expand what they have or when they need a new system.
We are a nonprofit organization committed to serving language communities worldwide. God is doing amazing things through Bible translation and language development. You could join in what God is doing by using your technical skills to make an eternal impact: join the movement as a field systems engineer!
- Design and test challenging technical solutions for Bible translators and support staff serving in the field
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with critical field engineering support systems
- Deploy, install, and upgrade critical field engineering support systems
- Improve systems and solutions through ongoing research and innovation as technology evolves
Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience in electrical/electronic engineering, systems engineering, applications development, hardware/software design, communications engineering, and/or power systems engineering roles.
- Minimum two years of experience working with Windows or Linux operating systems
- Multicultural experience is helpful
- System Engineering
- IT Consulting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Dayspring Card Clerk
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Events Coordinator
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff