Schedule: Evenings and Weekends lasting 2 - 4 hours
Under the general direction of the Children’s Librarian, the Children’s Department Assistant Volunteer assists the Children’s Librarian and Children’s Programmer with various projects relating to children’s programming and maintenance of the juvenile collection.
The relationship between the Library and its volunteers is meant to be mutually beneficial. And while the Library hopes to fulfill our volunteers’ desire to be of service to their community, we hope that all volunteers work to support us in our mission: "Campbell County Public Library enhances lifelong learning by providing popular materials, programs, and services to our community."
- Assisting in preparation and distribution of program materials
- Managing set-up, crowd control, take-down and clean-up as needed
- Performing tasks as needed during programs and events
- Reading spine labels and keeping library material in the Children’s area in alphabetical or Dewey Decimal order
- Cleaning library material in the Children’s area
- Cleaning toys and other items used in programming and in the Children’s area
- Experience working with children
- Friendliness and comfortable working with the public
- Punctual and dependable
- Ability to follow direction
- Successful background check performed by the Library
- Commitment to a regular schedule of 2-4 hours every week. Four month commitment preferred.
TRAINING & SUPERVISION:
- Training and supervision provided by library staff
TO APPLY: Please complete an appllication online at: www.cc-pl.org/employment
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check