Metro Youth Services Kinship Family Support Services Intern will be responsible for assisting with the on-going needs and development of the program. Over 90,000 children are currently being raised in Minnesota households headed by relatives or close family friends. LSS provides support for families through education groups that meet throughout the metro area; recreational activities for families; Kinship Caregiver Warmline; and parenting education and support to prevent family violence.
The intern will provide technical support services and resources that will promote safety, parenting and life skills and improve the overall stability of kinship caregivers and their children.
- Assist with Kinship Family Support Services Warmline (phone line). Provide initial direct support to clients via phone, email, and mail, and occasionally in-person consultations.
- Conduct research, identify agencies and develop Resource Directory to meet the needs of clients.
- Participate in community collaborations and networking to expand referral network and program outreach.
- Manage database and Contact Logs with accurate client information.
- Send program evaluations using Survey Monkey and by phone, and follow predetermined schedule to solicit client feedback. Update and maintain database with accurate feedback results.
- Opportunity to complete internship hours while gaining hands-on experience in the human services field.
- Opportunity to intern with MN’s largest, private non-profit organization with 150 years of experience.
Letter of recommendation or employment reference requested
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months