Deliver groceries and/or boxes of non-perishable foods and fresh produce to seniors in need!
18 people are interested
TCOA is in need of volunteers for TWO special projects! The Senior Proxy Project utilizes volunteer drivers to deliver monthly commodity boxes of non-perishable food and fresh produce boxes to seniors who have difficulty leaving the home. In the Senior Bridge the Gap program, volunteers drive their vehicles to the store, shop from participants' grocery lists using a signed voucher that gives them permission to use the qualified seniors’ Bridge Card benefit on their behalf, and deliver groceries to their homes.
- Must be available to deliver during daytime hours (9-5), Monday-Friday. Proxy Project deliveries occur from the 13th-31st of the month.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to navigate to predetermined locations according to a route sheet.
Volunteer Job Description:
Senior Proxy Project: Volunteers will pick up route sheets and fresh produce boxes prior to their delivery at the Tri-County Office on Aging's main office. They will then pick up the boxes of non-perishable goods down the road at Capital Area Community Services. Once all food has been picked up, volunteers will then deliver to the seniors listed on the route sheet. You will deliver food for 1 to 5 seniors and may help the seniors put away food. Some seniors may not see anyone but you for the day, so a brief check in with them would help considerably.
Ways To Apply:
- Go to www.tcoa.org/volunteer and fill out an application, selecting the "Senior Proxy Project/Senior Bridge the Gap" under volunteer positions.
- Fill out an application and bring it to TCOA in person or send it by mail to Tri-County Office on Aging. Attn: Carl Buonodono. 5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg 1. Lansing, MI 48911.
- Contact Senior Proxy Project message line at (517)-887-1425 if you are interested and someone will get back to you with more information.
We'll work with your schedule.
5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg. 1Lansing, MI 48911
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies- typically about one hour.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.