The Senior Proxy Project at the Tri-County Office on Aging is a new delivery program where volunteers pick up boxes of non-perishable food along with fresh produce boxes and deliver them to seniors who have trouble leaving their home.
- Must be available to deliver during daytime hours (9-5), Monday-Friday, from the 13th-31st of the month.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to navigate to predetermined locations according to a route sheet.
Volunteer Job Description:
Volunteers will pick up route sheets and fresh produce boxes prior to their delivery at the Tri-County Office on Aging Main Office. They will then pick up the boxes of non-perishable goods down the road at Capital Area Community Services. Once all food has been picked up, volunteers will then deliver to the seniors listed on the route sheet. You will deliver food for 1 to 5 seniors and may help the seniors put away food. Some seniors may not see anyone but you for the day, so a brief check in with them would help considerably.
Ways To Apply:
- Go to www.tcoa.org/volunteer and fill out an application, selecting the "Senior Proxy Project" under volunteer positions.
- Fill out an application and bring it to TCOA in person or send it by mail to Tri-County Office on Aging. Attn: Rachel Tilson. 5303 S. Cedar St. Bldg 1. Lansing, MI 48911.
- Contact Rachel Tilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517)-887-1425 if you are interested and I will get back to you with more information.
- Current routes deliver in Lansing (South Lansing, North Lansing, East Side, West Side), East Lansing, and Okemos.
*Milage reimbursement available
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Deliveries will be no more than 1 hour.