WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
The National Alliance for the Advancement of Haitian Professionals (NAAHP) is looking for a dynamic individual to serve as our accounting manager. We are looking for leaders that can successfully complete tasks and projects independently as well as part of a team. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of general accounting principles and can implement them accurately. The ideal candidate will also be able to analyze financial informations. In addition, the manager will collaborate with NAAHP's Executive Management Team to fulfill NAAHP's Mission. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance to meet financial accounting objectives.
- Manages and oversees the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans;implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements;implementing change.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 4 years of overall professional experience; ideally 2+ years of broad financial and accountant experience.
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager or Finance Manager.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Ability to translate financial concepts toand to effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced virtual environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of NAAHP.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Interested Candidates must send in their resumes, cover letter and two letters of recommendations.
- Conference/Events Coordinator
- Associate Graphic Designer
- Chapter Development Director
- Manager of Legal Counsel
- Manager of Marketing
- Human Resources Manager
- Manager of Conference/Events
- Content Writer/Editor
- Government Affairs Coordinator
- Director of Conference/Events
- Communications Coordinator
- Manager of Fundraising and Donor...
- Director of Finance
- Director of Communications
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Director of Fundraising and...
- Public Relations Assistant Officer
- Social Media Specialist
- Public Relations and Outreach...